Sunday, March 25, 2012

Scriptures for Youth Sunday

Well, folks, we're slowly piecing together our worship service.  Here are the scripture passages we've chosen to provide the themes for our message.  What are your thoughts on these verses?  What would YOU like to tell the congregation about them?  What does it mean to YOU to be a child or to be a grown-up?

JOB 8:8-10
8 “Ask the former generation
   and find out what their ancestors learned,
9 for we were born only yesterday and know nothing,
   and our days on earth are but a shadow.
10 Will they not instruct you and tell you?
   Will they not bring forth words from their understanding?

1 CORINTHIANS 13:11-13 (consider reading verses before and after this one, too)
11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

No comments:

Post a Comment